Pre-Filled Syringes San Francisco
Date: Sep 14 - 15, 2020
Location: San Francisco, CA
SMi is proud to announce the inaugural Pre-Filled Syringes San Francisco event taking place in September 2020!
The global pre-filled syringes market was valued at $4.9 billion in 2018 and with the rapid growth of the industry, is expected to exceed $9.7 billion by 2025. With that in mind, this event will bring together specialists within the industry to provide an exclusive insight into the sphere of regulation, new digital technology trends, human studies and innovative design and delivery systems within the prefilled syringe industry.
As part of SMi's leading Injectable conference series, participants will assess digital health and connected devices, biologics, biosimilars and biocompatibility for drug device combination products, platform and device selection, regulatory insights and explore the West Coast's biotech innovators.
This two-day agenda offers you peer-to-peer networking with Global Product Managers, Device Testing Managers, Senior Device Engineers, Heads of Device Development, Heads of Formulation and Drug Process Development, and many more.
Plus, UserWise founder and CEO Shannon Clark will provide a workshop on human factors and risk management:
- Integration of Human Factors Engineering processes in risk management saves time and money in product development
- Effective identification of use-related risk helps inform constructive design decisions
- Mitigation of use-related risk improves treatment outcomes for end users
- Understanding the methods used to assess use-related risk will improve the efficiency and acumen of your organization
- Explore the latest industry case studies in platform approaches and connected devices
- Gain insights from leading industry and regulatory experts on the pre-filled syringes environment
- Hear from local biotechs of San Francisco and the West Coast to learn about new innovations in the pre-filled syringes space
- Engage in the key challenges and topics of the field in two interactive half-day workshops
- Shannon Clark, Principal, UserWise
- Steven Badelt, Founder and Managing Partner, Suttons Creek, Inc.
- Kristina Lauritsen, Combination Products Regulatory Advisor, FDA/CDER
- Manuela Gazzard, Group Executive Director Regulatory Services Healthcare, BSI
- Christine Lynn Lanning, Distinguished Scientist, Device Area Leader, Safety Assessment/Merck & Co., Inc
- Khaudeja Bano, Senior Medical Director, Abbott Laboratories
- Jace Blackburn, Smart Device Engineer, Genentech
- Michael Koby, Senior Principle Scientist, Pfizer
- James Leamon, Director of Biologics Device Development, Jazz Pharmaceuticals
- Walter Goodwin, Device Engineer, Device Development & Clinical Packaging Engineering, Gilead Sciences
- Katie Atkinson, Manager Human Factors Engineering, Bigfoot Biomedical
Workshop: Human Factors Study Guidelines for Medical Devices
- Benefits of integrating Human Factors Engineering processes in risk management
- Effective identification of use-related risk to inform constructive design decisions
- Effective mitigation of use-related risk to improve treatment outcomes for end users
- How to apply use-related risk assessment methods to improve the efficiency and acumen of your organization