Human Factors Usability Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Meet with clients to learn about new technologies and interpret client needs to consult on usability engineering
- Perform task analyses and user research studies for new medical device concepts
- Author and update usability risk analyses in collaboration with coworkers and clients
- Author formative and summative usability study protocols
- Plan and coordinate usability studies, including gathering equipment, designing and preparing study models, and recruiting participants
- Moderate formative and summative usability studies and/or take notes.
- Data analysis and analysis of usability study video footage to identify root cause of observed use errors
- Prepare and/or assist with formal usability study reports
- Create usability engineering files and author Human Factors Engineering Submission Reports
- Assist with quality system work such as development of usability engineering processes for clients and UserWise.
- Oversee the maintenance of a quality system for UserWise
- Contribute to user interface designs by providing guidance, ideas, and feedback to clients
- Author user-interface requirements documents
- Prepare and/or provide human factors engineering trainings and webinars
- Author human factors engineering blog posts and articles on behalf of UserWise, Inc.
- Offer Quality Engineering consulting and authorship of quality engineering documentation (as an add-on to human factors services)
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Human Factors Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering. MS strongly preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in medical device, or similarly regulated industry
- Experience working within a quality system, preferably at a fortune 500 medical device or pharmaceutical company
- Familiarity with the 2016 FDA Guidance for Human Factors and human factors standards such as IEC 62366
- Superior ability to write accurate, clear, and concise protocols, reports, operating procedures, etc. in a timely manner
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large quantities of information into usable communications
- Ability to interface with customers in a highly professional manner
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel domestically (up to 30%)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Learn more about our Company Culture.
Email your Cover Letter and Resume to HR at HR@UserWiseConsulting.com