At UserWise, we co-create safe and usable medical products with our clients. In our studies, we recruit real-life people and observe them simulating the use of medical products to reveal ways to improve these
products for our clients.
UserWise is an industry leader in Human Factors Engineering for medical products headquartered in San Jose, California and with sites also in Ohio, Oregon, and Texas. We are looking for someone who want to make a significant impact in the medical field to not only prevent deaths, but also to improve patient care worldwide.
The Accounting Associate will manage and implement key back office financial processes to ensure seamless business continuity, such as client invoicing, employee payroll, and ad-hoc analysis. A strong candidate will have advanced Excel skills and past experience with QuickBooks, or other book keeping software. Demonstrated ability to clearly and succinctly communicate both internally and with external clients is a must.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage monthly client invoicing process for consulting hours and expenses
- Interact directly with clients as needed for questions and collection matters
- Track and report on project spend compared with approved budgets
- Maintain clear financial records in QuickBooks for taxes and auditing purposes
- Follow existing processes to run employee payroll and benefits administration
- Assist staff with ad-hoc financial or other data analysis as it arises.
- Opportunity to assist in core business: usability studies and/or recruitmentReconciliation of A/P and A/R to tie to the general ledger
- Reconciliation of A/P and A/R to tie to the general ledger
- Respond to unemployment and EDD claims
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- BA/BS degree in relevant field (Finance, Accounting, Business, etc.)
- 2+ years of job experience in a related field (Business Analysis, Finance Operations, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including Pivot Tables is a must
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills. Ability to collaborate seamlessly with diverse
colleagues and external clients
- Past experience with QuickBooks or other comparable book keeping tool
- Focused, self-motivated, well organized
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with, or interest in, medical devices field and/or product safety desired
Learn more about our Company Culture.
Email your Cover Letter and Resume to HR at HR@UserWiseConsulting.com