Human Factors Engineering Intern
- help innovative companies design safe and usable medical devices, ensuring that user experience is incorporated early and often in the design process
established medical device companies to encourage the adoption of human factors
Roles and Responsibilities
- Author human factors engineering blog posts and articles on behalf of UserWise, Inc.
- Conduct Literature reviews (e.g. how much force can a 5th percentile female apply?)
- Edit Human Factors outreach materials and edit training presentations
- Assist with Expert Reviews of User Manuals/Instructions
- File and organize paperwork
- Perform task analyses and user research studies for new medical device concepts
- Update usability risk analyses in collaboration with coworkers and clients
- Prepare formative and summative usability study protocols
- Plan and coordinate usability studies, including gathering equipment, designing and preparing study models, and recruiting participants
- Usability Study data entry and preliminary data analysis
- Data analysis and analysis of usability study video footage to identify root cause of observed use errors
- Prepare and/or assist with formal usability study reports
- Create usability engineering files and co-author Human Factors Engineering Submission Reports
- Studying Engineering; BS in Mechanical Engineering, Human Factors Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Biomedical Engineering. MS strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with the 2016 FDA Guidance - Applying Human Factors and Usability Engineering to Medical Devices.
- Familiarity with the human factors standards such as IEC 62366:2007 and IEC 62366-1:2015.
- Superior ability to write accurate, clear, and concise protocols, reports, operating procedures, and other documents in a timely manner.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large quantities of information into usable communications.
- Ability to interface with customers in a highly professional manner.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
Job Type: Intern (Contract)
Note: Performance during contract position will be considered for future employment opportunities.N
Learn more about our Company Culture.
Email your Cover Letter and Resume to HR at HR@UserWiseConsulting.com